Saturday, June 23, 2007

And Then There Was GREEN

Eleven hours. Whoopee. Yeah, Dad already posted his blog message concerning the week-before-faire-minifaire. It's definately one week before Greenwood.

Okay, basically, the week more or less went like this: clean, random stuff that I can't even remember, and my memory gets SHOT. BADLY. Wends/Thurs I was supposed to go to a birthday party for one of my middle school friends, AR (not ARM), who I also happened to dra- I MEAN....introduce to Greenwood, only to have my brain once again use its 'stainless steel siv' function and basically completely loose the memory because I had what I call 'Greenwood shields' up - anything non-Greenwood related basically went in one ear and out the other. I didn't remember until Friday...where I had another birthday party to go to. Fortunately, since this one was in my e-mail, I REMEMBERED this one.

Said friend, who I will call NK, made the note when I arrived at the door with her birthday present that I was the last one to call but the first one to arrive. Thus, she came to the conclusion that there was something wrong. I made the remark that she was lucky that her invitation was able to get past the shields, since I had completely zoned concerning AR's party. Much fun to be had - due to last-minute shopping, all I got NK was a B&N $20 gift card, but she really liked that, since that meant she got to spend money on books (she loves reading as much as my family does). I even got to see another old friend from middle school who moved after seventh grade again! Unfortunately, both NK and said other friend are going to a different high school, but I have some good news: I saved a bunch of money on my - wait a sec, wrong line...

Real good news: I can still keep in touch with them now that I've got their e-mail addresses! *cheesy grin*

Last night also delivered proof that I am in full GREENWOOD mode - really weird Greenwood-oriented dream that involved a puzzle, hearing another one of the Greenwood members, and the completed puzzle having a bunch of green on it concerning mom in a green costume with a bunch of pine trees in the background.

(Random note - whoa, already this is my longest blog post to date.)

Minifaire - Much fun to be had as well, but mom and dad already covered that in their recent entries, and even proved that we can do a faire two weekends in a row (sort of). Now, all I need to do now is remember to - Oh, look! A chicken!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's bow, remember to bow.

Silvia Callisto said...

Ah, yes, that was it!