Saturday, July 28, 2007

Back From Camp

Huzzah! I'm back! And rather bug-bitten....

Anyway, camp. We went to Twin Harbors State Park for camp. Lovely place with the ocean just across the main road (...alright, I'll admit, it was the highway) to the west. Fun times to be had. Sandcastles were built, kites were flown, people kept on getting into the water past their knees despite what they had been told...

The only downside was the fact that there were boys there as well.

As in Mormon young men/scouts (whatever they're called).

Naturally, the hormonal teenage girls that didn't have common sense about the whole thing practically swooned (and my tent mocked the whole thing, as even the beehives were doing so). I only spoke with them slightly when my kite tangled up with one of theirs (which they complimented due to my persistence/stubbornness. XD)

Monday was when we settled in and got our first look at the beach, Tuesday we built sandcastles (ours was complete with an actual moat and had a bunch of shells and such decorating it), Wendsday we went to the marine museum and the lighthouse (yes, I went all the way up), Thursday we got ice cream, went gift-shopping, and had testimony night, and Friday we got our awards and packed up. Mine was 'Betty Crocker Cookie Baker' due to the fact that I brought a batch of cookies in a bucket that were all gone by the end of the week. I shared with everyone who wanted one.

Anyway, I'm back. It's been over a week. I'll go and catch up on other stuff now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you dropped off the face of the Earth too??

Silvia Callisto said...

No, I haven't. Just haven't come up with good posting material yet.